Passion for travel? Commitment to service? Craving adventure? We're always looking for outstanding people to add to our global team of planners and guides. Want to know more? Get in touch.
TRIP DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Start Date: Immediately
Location: Steamboat Springs, CO or Remote
You are a passionate, enthusiastic, multi-talented Adventure Travel professional who loves inspiring people to explore their world, as well as discover new ones.
You are a trip designer who can see a destination for the authenticity that it represents, and can suffuse our clients brand and trip focus into a dynamic, awe-inspiring experience.
You have years of project management, trip design and adventure travel under your belt and thrive in a fast paced, self-driven work environment.
You are ready to join a small, dynamic and growing team of travel professionals who live our brand and embody the spirit of our clients and partners.
The Iconic Travel Group is looking for an experienced travel industry professional to join our growing team of talented and innovative world travelers in a key trip development position. The ideal candidate will have real passion and expertise in the global adventure travel market. He or she must be relentless in driving results, and be an exceptional leader of people and projects.
Your role will include:
- Reporting to the Managing Director and working collaboratively with other team members in the development of dynamic trip itineraries.
- Designing and refining trip itineraries for a variety of clients.
- Developing and managing relationships with local suppliers and partners, sourcing creative destination options, and negotiating rates and contracts.
- Coordinating logistics with local operators, flight providers, and other vendors, including completing required paperwork, managing deadlines, and communicating client updates.
- Communicating with clients by phone, email, and in person. Provide an outstanding travel experience from initial trip inquiry to post-trip evaluation, meeting challenges with a smile and sense of adventure!
- Managing project timelines and monitoring completion of key deliverables.
- Managing trip budgets from initial costing through post-travel reconciliation.
- Creating and analyzing post-trip evaluation forms.
- Providing additional support for senior staff (conducting destination-specific research, creating presentations for industry conferences, preparing agendas for and attending partner leadership meetings, etc.)
What you will bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of progressive experience within the Travel/Adventure Industry.
- Personal expertise with global adventure travel, including adventure, expedition, budget, and luxury modes.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, high-energy personality.
- Ability to communicate and foster relationships with all levels of business partners.
- Excellent communication and highly developed negotiation skills.
- Able to work well with cross-functional team members.
- Ability to establish trust and inspire others.
- Interact effectively with clients, operators, and guides.
- Work effectively in both an office environment as well as remotely.
- Foreign language skills preferred (Spanish, French)
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings or weekends when requested.
- A relentless spirit in driving results.
- Exceptional leadership of people and projects.
What we will bring to the table:
- A dynamic, fast-paced learning environment
- A chance to be a part of a growing company in an incredible space
- A competitive package
- The opportunity to travel – on us
- A flexible work environment based on tasks and not time in the office
- A path to growing your career in the travel industry
To Apply: If interested, please send a cover letter, resume, and two references (including contact information) to email@example.com with the subject line: Trip Development Manager Position.